The Best of Phoenix Dining Scene
Seeped in history, the Landmark restaurant is truly a Phoenix landmark. Located in a building that served as a church, a college, and offices for an insurance company, the Landmark Restaurant is a little slice of Phoenix’s past. But don’t come here just for a history lesson. The menu is filled with succulent steaks, delicate seafood, and classic comfort food such as Beef Stroganoff, Stuffed Meatloaf, and Grilled Ham. A dining experience at the Landmark is not complete without the “salad room”—an entire room converted to a salad bar, featuring both traditional and eclectic, hearty and healthy, and hot and cold “salad” fare. Entrance to the room is included with any entrée and is also available separately—one trip could easily be as a meal in itself.
Fresh Crumbs are the tidbits at the table—conversation topics, recent news, upcoming events. In this new addition to our website, we keep abreast of the latest “crumbs” to help you get the most out of your next dining experience. See what crumbs our writers have uncovered lately!
- Coffee: It's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore
- This article explores the health benefits of drinking coffee, including increased mental attention and a lower risk of developing deadly diseases and cancer. While there ... more
- The Gluten-Free Giant
- The gluten-free lifestyle has increasingly gained popularity during the last few years. This article provides an overall synopsis of this diet and exposes some of ... more
- Unearthing the Truffle: A Guide Through Truffle 101
- Truffles have been an alluring culinary ingredient for over thousands of years. This article decodes the cultivation and harvesting methods of this extraordinary fungus, as ... more
Phoenix Restaurant Reviews
Just because Phoenix is in the middle of the desert doesn't mean that places for fine food are a mirage. The snowbirds flock to the Southwest for the weather in the winter; however there are many chefs carving out new digs year-round all over the city. Mexican food runs rampant in the Valley, but other establishments make a name for themselves and it's cuisine from every corner of the globe. Bites from Ireland, Germany, India, Ethiopia, El Salvador, Cuba, Brazil, Cambodia and even Australia add spice to this already hot city and give locals and visitors alike new places to try. Feast your eyes on our writers' reviews of the newest restaurants, bistros and pubs in Sun City.
Restaurant: Cartwright's Sonoran Ranch House
User Name: Robert
Review Title: Cartwrights- interesting - fun-not flexible
Cartwright's is a fun place to go. Menu selection was good. Loved the tenderloins - elk, bison, beef...yummy. Unfortunately my husband asked for his steak to be cooked well done - it was medium rare. He asked for them to omit the vegetables from his plate, and they still sent them out. Appears they are not very flexible with their order/menu processing. Can't take a customization.
User Name: Rebecca
Review Title: Excellent Experience
Great ambiance, service and food!
Restaurant: The Capital Grille
User Name: Geri
Review Title: Excellant Experience
Great Food Great Service Great Ambiance