The Best of Phoenix Dining Scene
Donovan’s Steak and Chop House is a little piece of steak paradise, an homage, really, to the long tradition of steakhouses so popular in America since the early 20th century. But Donovan’s is no throwback. At their handsome location at 3101 E. Camelback Road in the upscale Camelback Corridor, owners Dennis Hitzman, Tony Subia, and Mal Jozoff have created a clubby atmosphere of casual elegance with no fine-dining detail overlooked. The centerpiece of their award winning operation is the exclusive use of USDA Prime, Midwestern, corn-fed beef, which, combined with an international wine list, accommodating staff, and exclusive amenities, makes this a steak lover’s paradise.
Fresh Crumbs are the tidbits at the table—conversation topics, recent news, upcoming events. In this new addition to our website, we keep abreast of the latest “crumbs” to help you get the most out of your next dining experience. See what crumbs our writers have uncovered lately!
- Coffee: It's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore
- This article explores the health benefits of drinking coffee, including increased mental attention and a lower risk of developing deadly diseases and cancer. While there ... more
- The Gluten-Free Giant
- The gluten-free lifestyle has increasingly gained popularity during the last few years. This article provides an overall synopsis of this diet and exposes some of ... more
- Unearthing the Truffle: A Guide Through Truffle 101
- Truffles have been an alluring culinary ingredient for over thousands of years. This article decodes the cultivation and harvesting methods of this extraordinary fungus, as ... more
- To Your Health Part 5: Get Some Sleep!
- The fifth installment in a series of articles on how to improve your overall health. This article covers the importance of sleep. From establishing a ... more
- You're In Luck With Food Trucks
- I didn't frequent many food trucks when I was living back in Michigan because I would rather step into an establishment and get out of ... more
Just because Phoenix is in the middle of the desert doesn't mean that places for fine food are a mirage. The snowbirds flock to the Southwest for the weather in the winter; however there are many chefs carving out new digs year-round all over the city. Mexican food runs rampant in the Valley, but other establishments make a name for themselves and it's cuisine from every corner of the globe. Bites from Ireland, Germany, India, Ethiopia, El Salvador, Cuba, Brazil, Cambodia and even Australia add spice to this already hot city and give locals and visitors alike new places to try. Feast your eyes on our writers' reviews of the newest restaurants, bistros and pubs in Sun City.
Restaurant: Phoenix City Grille
User Name: Carol
Review Title: Great Atmosphere
Loved the atomosphere, the service and the food
Restaurant: Lons' at the Hermosa
User Name: Tom
Review Title: Oh so close!
Thought the location of the Inn itself was good. And the Patio seemed great! Wish we'd gotten to eat there! Liked the tuck away bar, and Old world, rustic charm. Service folks all seemed good, and attentive. It was where we were seated, the loud guests next to us, the bad menu for Easter dinner, and the under cooked meat that wrecked it for us :( Maybe sometime way out in the future we'll try again! Maybe!!!!
Restaurant: Phoenix City Grille
User Name: Cindy
Review Title: Be sure to try Phoenix City Grille
Our first choice for dinner while in Phoenix! :-)